Friday, June 15, 2012

 Not Happy With Family Dollar

Before I detail the saving let me tell you...I am NOT happy with my local Family Dollar!  I usually try to stick to Walgreens, WalMart and ShopRite, but everyone is out of the U by Kotex liners so I decided to check the Family Dollar.  MISTAKE! First of all it was a horrible mess.  I was constantly moving cardboard boxes out of my way to get my cart through the aisles.  Things were just shoved on shelves with no prices. The stock people had their phones turned up with inappropriate music blaring.   It was very dirty. And last, but certainly most important.  When I got to the register I had 5 packs of Snausages, 2 eyeliners, and 4 U by Kotex liners.  The liners were priced at $1.25 and my coupon was for $2.00 off any U by Kotex item.  As soon as the cashier saw my coupons she rolled her eyes.....here we go!  I asked her how she was doing and she totally ignored me! Really?! Ok...maybe she didn't hear me.  She rings everything up, takes the coupons and everything went fine, until she got to the Kotex coupons!  "Sorry" she says, "It says not good for trial sizes."  I say, "Oh, those aren't trial sizes, they are liners, there are 18 in there." She says, "Ugh, lemme go talk to my manager."  Then she yells to one of the boys with his phone music blaring...."What's that dudes name"? "Robin? Rodney? I dunno" says the boy.  Off she goes in search of Robin or Rodney or whatever.  She comes back and says, "You cant use these because they are worth more than the item". Not really since 1.25 x 2 = 2.50 and the coupon is for 2.00. Since I dont argue so I said "Can you take them off please".  She then yells...."She don't want'em"!  Then here comes Robin or Rodney or whatever and he voids the liners.  I had the store policy with me and this memo in response to customer complaints (thank you Couponing in the  real world).  I didn't pull them out, but I knew the policy. It's a shame that the store's associates don't. Would you take the time to write home office and continue to shop there, or would you just say forget it and stop shopping there? I did get a couple of good deals.

Here's what I did:

(5) Snausages 1.00
used 1.00/1
final = FREE

(2) Covergirl Liquid Eyeliner clearance 1.80
used 1.00/1
final = .80ea

  Total before any coupons = 8.60 and after = 1.60 for a total savings of  82%.

No comments:

Post a Comment